Saturday, July 25, 2009

Change-the first step to a God lifestyle

Hello, everyone! I haven't been on here in a very long time. I just really felt like posting this. Change. Change is something everyone needs no matter who you are. I really struggled with it for some time. I thought I was letting God doing the changing for the longest time, but I wasn't. I was doing it all myself, and that is why it always failed. For example, I was watching movies almost everyday and I knew I wasn't supposed to. I would go to church and be like "Wow! That was so for me! I am totally going to quit doing that stuff!" And I would go home and do the same things. Now, I know that God is the true changer. He changed me SO much! He can change you too if you let Him. I started getting into His word everyday and that was what did the changing! I had no desire to watch tv, or movies, or any of that other stuff. I just craved God! I craved Him soo much! I wanted to go deeper in Him! Ahhh!!! It's so amazing what He can do if you just sumbit! I truly started listening to the messages that were being preached! OH, I can't even explain what I was feeling! It was amazing! Now, I am ready. I am ready to go to camp and be changed even more! To go deeper you must change!

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

If there is any other scripture that goes along with this, please post it, because I was looking for a certain scripture and couldn't find it.

The next time I'll post will be after camp! bye!

2 comments:

ps said...

AWESOME post Lauren!!! So proud of you for pressing in to know Him with all your heart!!

Staci said...

John G. Lake said that whatever a person is hungry for, they will turn their whole spirit, soul and body toward that desire. I can attest that I see that in you. I wanted to look up some scripture for you, but we can talk about that when you get home. Your heart is full of the Word already!