Tuesday, August 25, 2009

God's heart and desire...

Me and Jordan went to several places in Fort Smith this last Friday and I noticed something. There is a lost and crying people in Fort smith(not only Fort Smith but the surrounding areas too). I felt it so strong I almost couldn't enjoy the evening because I was about to cry. I was telling Jordan "I know why Jesus had compassion on the people." I was also just meditating and thinking on that on the way home and I had a revelation. It's not about me! It's not about me at all! I am here to see the glory reach all the earth. And I have had enough of sitting back. Something came to me as I was praying today..."The Lord has called me and I will respond! No longer will I back down! This world is crying for a Savior and He is the only one that can save them. I WILL NOT BE SILENT!" And these scriptures also came to me:

Matthew 9:35-38
35Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. 36When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. 38Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."

Prayer is such an important part in the harvesting of souls. I encourage you soooo much to pray for that.

Matthew 20:16
For many are called, but few chosen.

I remember Go Ministries always saying that this scripture meant "Many are called, but few actually choose." I don't want to be one of the ones that are called but don't do what God is calling me to do. We are all called to do our part. Are you doing yours?

Luke 14:15-24
15When one of those at the table with him heard this, he said to Jesus, "Blessed is the man who will eat at the feast in the kingdom of God."

16Jesus replied: "A certain man was preparing a great banquet and invited many guests. 17At the time of the banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, 'Come, for everything is now ready.'

18"But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said, 'I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it. Please excuse me.'

19"Another said, 'I have just bought five yoke of oxen, and I'm on my way to try them out. Please excuse me.'

20"Still another said, 'I just got married, so I can't come.'

21"The servant came back and reported this to his master. Then the owner of the house became angry and ordered his servant, 'Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame.'

22" 'Sir,' the servant said, 'what you ordered has been done, but there is still room.'

23"Then the master told his servant, 'Go out to the roads and country lanes and make them come in, so that my house will be full. 24I tell you, not one of those men who were invited will get a taste of my banquet.' "

In my bible I have out to the side of these scriptures "They all had a call but they all had an excuse." I'm not using anymore excuses, there really is no excuse good enough. I've had enough of me thinking about myself. "Oh, I went to bed at midnight last night so I am just going to sleep a few more hours." That's not a good enough excuse....if you feel like you need to get up early and read the word or pray, then you better just do it. Like I said, there really isn't a good enough excuse. I don't want to be left out of the great thing that is coming because I didn't want to do what God wanted me to do. He made it simple.

Another thing I said to Jordan was,"I don't want people to look at me when it's over and say,'Why didn't you tell me about that(Jesus)?'"

To end this I'm going to write down the lyrics of a song. We got the new Hillsong United CD that day and was listening to it and this song came on and it was just what we were talking about.

Tear Down the Walls - Hillsong United
Tear down the walls see the world
Is there something we have missed
Turn from ourselves
Look beyond
There is so much more than this

And I don't need to see it to believe it
I don't need to see it to believe it
Cause I can't shake this
Fire deep inside my heart

Look to the skies hope arise
See His majesty revealed
More than this life there is love
There is hope and this is real

Cause I don't need to see it to believe it
I don't need to see it to believe it
Cause I can't shake this fire burning
Deep inside my heart

This life is Yours and hope is rising
As Your glory floods our hearts
Let love tear down these walls
That all creation would
Come back to You
It's all for You

Your Name is glorious
Glorious
Your love is changing us
Calling us
To worship in spirit and in truth
As all creation returns to You

Oh for all the sons and daughters
Who are walking in the darkness
You are calling us to lead them back to You
We will see Your spirit rising
As the lost come out of hiding
Every heart will see this hope we have in You



That fire/desire is burning deep within me. I only put this blog up to hopefully stir up that flame inside of you. This is Gods heart.

4 comments:

ps said...

Awesome word Lauren!!! There is nothing like having the fire of God on the inside of you. A living relationship with a living God produces in us the desire AND commitment to let Him live through us. I love you!

Jessica said...

Ohhh! That happens to me somtimes too! We will be somewhere and I get so focused on all the people! It makes me cry!! I have to watch that I let that compassion stir me to pray and not discouraged by all the people! It's like Pastor Susan has been teaching - the harvest is ready!!
Oh, and that's is my favorite song on that cd, the words are SO good!!

Staci said...

You have your ear to His heartbeat, little girl. We are all getting that word now. And we will ALL go forward.

Beckypdj said...

Amen, Sista. Great post and I'm lovin the new header pic!