Thursday, December 24, 2009

The mind.

I decided to post finally! God brought this back to me as a way to give out that fruit that is on the inside of me. Wow. God is amazing.

I'm going to be talking about the mind. The other day a verse just came up in my spirit:
1Peter 1:13 prepare your minds for action....
and I just kind of ignored it, but it kept coming back up in me. So, I decided to look up the scripture, and when I did.....wow! He started bringing up many many scriptures in my spirit and I was on fire!!!!! Hallelujah! He not only brought those scriptures to me, He brought much revelation with the scriptures!

He brought back to me a scripture I remember Pastor Kevin using in one of his sermons not too long ago:
Exodus 12:11 This is how you are to eat it: with your cloak tucked into your belt, your sandals on your feet and your staff in your hand. Eat it in haste; it is the LORD's Passover.
And Pastor Kevin put along with that, "Eat as ready for a journey." And God said to me "You must be ready in every way. If your mind is not on Godly things(Colossians 3:2) then you won't be ready.
Joshua 1:8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night.
When I read "your mouth" I heard "your mind, heart, or spirit." So, He was telling me not to depart the Word from my mind, as well as my mouth. You have to keep it in your mind all the time.
Matthew 6:21 (the message) The place where your treasure is, is the place you will most want to be, and end up being.
(NIV) For where your treasure is, there your heart[FOCUS] will be also.
I added focus in there because Pastor Nate always said that whenever he would say this scripture, and I thought it went good here. When you focus on something, your not just focusing with your spirit, but you are also focusing with your mind. Put your treasure in Godly things.
Colossians 3:1 set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.
Your heart is set at the right hand of God.
Colossians 3:2 Set your minds on things above not on earthly things.
Your mind is not set at the right hand of God, so you must think on Godly things, so it will all tie together.
Romans 12:2(NIV) be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
(AMP) be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude].
Ephesians 4:23-24 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
Changing your attitude is changing your opinions, thoughts, and disposition. When I saw that I had to look up disposition in the dictionary.
Disposition-state of mind regarding something.
Romans 8:5-8 Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.18
Philippians 3:18-19
For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things.

There's some stuff to just think about that God has put on my heart. And I hope this encourages you to:
2Corinthians 10:5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

This is very important! We must set our minds, our hearts, and our WHOLE focus on God! That is the only way we will ever grow or ever be able to fulfill God's plan for our lives! It's time to get serious guys! You know, I wasn't going to put this until another blog, but I just really felt like I'm supposed to. Here is a definition of pressing that God gave me. Pressing is wanting so bad to get somewhere that you will give up anything to get there. We need to do as Paul said he did in Philippians 3! We need to press with all we have! Come on! WHO WANTS TO SEE MORE? COME ON GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man, God has a plan, and the only way we will fulfill that plan is by pressing! WE MUST PRESS! WE NEED TO PRESS ON TOWARD THE GOAL TO WIN THE PRIZE FOR WHICH GOD HAS CALLED US HEAVENWARD IN CHRIST JESUS!!! AMEN!!

Okay, I will stop internet screaming at you. lol. But, you know, I'm talking to myself as much as I'm talking to anyone else. I hope all this made sense. =]

1 comment:

Staci said...

I appreciate your heart! All the hours I see you study your Word comes through, sweet girl! I love you!