Sunday, December 27, 2009

Now that I know, I am responsible

This has been stirring in me, that now that I know, I am responsible. I'm going to expound on this some.

James 4:17 Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

This scripture holds a lot in a few words. Think about it. If you know what you are supposed to do, and you don't do it, you're sinning. You may ask God for forgiveness, but if your not doing what God has told you to do, you are in a continual state of sin. If you heard what Pastor Susan taught this morning, or you heard any word that is for your church at that time, I'm going to tell you something....If you don't act on that word, (speaking of the word that Pastor Susan taught) you are not going to turn the corner and you will be in a state of sin. Now, do you really want to be like that? Oh man, I have been having to beat my flesh soooo bad, because satan has been trying to put so much fleshly things in front of me that have successfully enticed me. Anyways, I'm getting off subject here.

Luke 12:47-48 That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows. But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

I want to say something about doing His will. It says if we don't do what the master has told us to do, we will be beaten with many blows. You know, those blows, God will not inflict them on us. He does not want us to stray away from His plan, b/c when we do, we get out of that protection of God and satan has free range in our lives. The devil inflicts those blows b/c God has to take His hand away from us, b/c God can't come in contact with sin, b/c the Glory of God, the manifest presence of God, burns up sin, and God doesn't want to burn us up, so He has to take His hand away!

"From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." I know that much has been given to us. We have an assignment to fulfill. I'm going to tell you right now, that God does not give you an assignment without equipping you! He gives you strength, joy, peace, and everything else you need! He has given us a grace to do what He has told us to do.

I'm going to finish this with this:
Luke 12:47-48 (The Message) The servant who knows what his master wants and ignores it, or insolently does whatever he pleases, will be thoroughly thrashed. But if he does a poor job through ignorance, he'll get off with a slap on the hand. Great gifts mean great responsibilities; greater gifts, greater responsibilities!

Wow, that is powerful. Don't ignore God and do whatever you please to do, unless it is doing God's will. What I wanted to get out of this scripture is the part that says "ignorance."
Ignorance - The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed.
We are not ignorant.
We know what we are supposed to do.

Philippians 3:15-16 (The Message) So let's keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision—you'll see it yet! Now that we're on the right track, let's stay on it.

1 comment:

Staci said...

Dad and I were just talking about this last night, I mean about us being responsible. It is true corporately too. I remember the first time I heard Brother Copeland say that the Body of Christ in whatever country would be responsible for what happened in that nation. It really made me think. This is good, Lauren!