Thursday, November 20, 2008

I am washed by the water!

Hey! I haven't written one of these things in a long time! I hope no one stops reading! haha

Well, last night we had a great time a worship and then Nate spoke. That is totally what I needed!!!! Nate was talking about like bathing in Gods word. I looked up some scriptures on that this morning.

John 15:3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. (New American Standard)


1 Corinthians 6:11
But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. (New International Version)

2 Corinthians 7:1 Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. (New American Standard)

Ephesians 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word. (King James Version)


And then he said, "How are you supposed to shine when your dirty?"
That really got me!

Matthew 5:14 You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.

And then I thought to myself, I feel clean, now I need to stay clean!
I can truly say that that changed my life! I actually got up, prayed, read the word, and said my confessions today!!!!

I love Nate and Evan! They are such a blessing to me!

7 comments:

Staci said...

This is Jordan.

I was reading Matthew 5:14 when I was studying to teach on Wednesday and it was one of my main texts. It's awesome!

Staci said...

This is mom.

When we keep ourselves renewed to the Word constantly and consistently, the darkness can not prevail. We are full of light!

Jessica said...

That's good!! I love it, God's Word is so awesome!!

Anonymous said...

WOW...........tears running down the face! There is NOTHING greater for Nate and I than to see OUR :) youth grab ahold of the Word for THEMSELVES! This blesses us SO much.
We LOVE having you in youth Lauren. Seriously. Our youth group would not be the same w/o your awesome supply. We love you so much and are SO proud of you. We love your tender heart for God! So proud of you for DOING the Word and SPEAKING it!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well as pastor of Evan, Nate AND Lauren I am blessed beyond words at all of you guys. Evan and Nate, way yo equip the saint for the work of the ministry. And Lauren(I almost names Evan your name), way to be a doer of the word of God. Together we are taking this planet for the Kingdom of God!!! Yahoooo!!!

Staci said...

Lauren's name - Lauren means flower, and Elizabeth means one who praises God. Therefore, flower who praises God!

CHERISE said...

THIS IS CHERISE.
I MOVED HERE FROM BAKERSFIELD, CA.
NOW SAY YOUR SCREEN NAME! IT'S A SIGN. I AM IN THE RIGHT CHURCH SURROUNDED BY THE RIGHT PEOPLE. PRAISE GOD!