Wednesday, December 17, 2008

How do you know a real adventure?

As all of you know, I haven't posted a blog in a long time. Before church, I was trying to think of what to put. I was going to put stuff about the youth party and the Christmas drama...and then I went to church. Everything changed. Nate preached and it changed my outlook on things. His teaching always does that to me. He is truly anointed to do that.

I may sound like a dork when I say this, but whenever I read the Chronicles of Narnia, I almost feel it to be true. I always wanted to go there and have a real adventure, battles, lost princes, and meeting creatures not of this earth. I always thought that was the only true way to have an adventure. But something that Nate said just changed my whole outlook. He said that God made Adam, then man sinned, and the whole bible is pretty much God trying to get us back. What this said to me was that the whole bible is an adventure. He had men doing so many things to get us to come back, to show us he truly loves us! And we can have adventures just like this, healing the sick and calming storms, if we just do what God tells us to do. You may not kill witches and giants in battles, but the reward for what you do do is great!

I ask you, if you ever read the Chronicles of Narnia, don't get so caught up in it you forget what you are really here for! Just remember it's only fiction. But the bible is truly real.

2 comments:

Staci said...

It really is an adventure and the power that God has invested in us for the adventure is no small thing.

You have a lovely heart, sweets.

And Nate did do a really good job last night.

Anonymous said...

I loved the service too. Nate always shares little nuggets that bring me insight I have never had before. I love that!!

AS to adventure... Being a Christian is the biggest, best adventure ever. Prayer and worship are the most amazing methods of transportation into realms of the spirit that are so precious and weighty and glorious. I love God!!!