Monday, December 29, 2008

Well....


I had a great Christmas! Me and Jordan got Ipods. Mines the gray one and she has the purple one. They are so stinkin' awesome! I'm not really sure what else to say about Christmas, so I guess I'll move on to my next subject. I wrote/copied, I'm not sure what you would call it, a Colossians confession thingy. It's just a few scriptures I had highlighted through out Colossians that I would read aloud that I thought were very good confessions. I love Colossians! It goes like this:

All over the world the gospel is bearing fruit and growing, just as it has been doing in me since the day I heard it and understood God's grace in all its truth. And I pray that I may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: I am bearing fruit in every good work, I am growing in the knowledge of God, I am being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might, so that I have great endurance, patience, and joy. I will continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as I was tought, and I am overflowing with thankfulness. And I will clothe myself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. I will forgive whatever grievance I have against anyone. I will let the word of Christ dwell in me richly. And whatever I do, I will work at it with all my heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. I will be wise in the way I act toward outsiders, and I will make the most of every opportunity. Lord, let my conversation be full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that I may know how to answer everyone. In Jesus name I pray, amen.

How is it? Hopefully it's OK. I'm going to leave you with the words to this song I love so dearly.

Chad Blondel - Home

You brought me to this world
and it's only by your grace that I live another day
And all you've done for me is more than I deserve
So I'll follow you today

And though I live this life
Heaven is my home
And now this life I live in Christ
Who gave his life for me
And until the day I die, I'll sacrifice my all
Cos I know this place is not my own
It's only in Your arms that I'm home

When all is said and done and the dust returns to dust
And the old has passed away
And all the kings and queens finally understand
That a house is not a home

And though I live this life
Heaven is my home
And now this life I live in Christ
Who gave his life for me
And until the day I die, I'll sacrifice my all
Cos I know this place is not my own
It's only in Your arms that I'm home

Though I live this life I've never felt like I belong

If you guys don't know who Chad Blondel is, you really need to listen to him! www.myspace.com/chadblondel
www.chadblondel.com.au

2 comments:

Jake said...

Nice iPod. Those ARE sweeeeet....

Staci said...

I love the confessions. Thanks for putting one in the prayer book with our other confessions. You are growing into quite a lady!